Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yikes and sorry

I seriously cannot believe almost 2 months has gone by since I last posted.
Let's see if I can remember what has happened since then.
We replaced my electricity sucking computer (crazy high) with a new Acer mini
notebook. I can't even tell it is working as it makes no noise. The fan on the other
one, which wasn't a laptop, was on most of the time and very loud. Did I mention that
it was also huge?
I guess I could mention that we got a really high electric bill. $135 more than it's ever been.
Woweee. $535.00 will get your attention quick. My wonderful husband bought a meter to check the amount of electricity each thing in the house uses over a 24 hour period. Surprisingly, the hot water heater doesn't use as much as we thought. It was all the little things, especially if they have transformers, that did it. We also switched to peak/off peak usage meter but the jury is still out on whether or not it is going to save us. If not we can switch back.
My son should close on his house tomorrow or Monday and be in next week. Paperwork has been a pain. Everyone has to get their added costs in there.

I went to the Quilt,sew and craft show. Tried out several longarm machines. I have decided that I don't want a stitch regulator. I guess if you start with one you love them but if not well, you get it. The sound of it speeding up and slowing down distracted me from the quilting. A fellow quilter from Casa Grande came by to try out my machine and frame. She went away with the knowledge that her frame has some issues and worked on it to make it better. Not sure what she decided about the machine. She didn't say.

I got about 11" of hair cut off and donated to Locks for Love. Hopefully, next year I can do the
same. Last year it was 9" to Pantene for adult women. Such a small thing to do.

I'll try to do better on posting. Can't do much worse, eh?
We get no season changes here, no beautiful leaves just dirt. It will be under 88 today and that is okay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment