Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Practice continues

I will assume the more practice I do the better I will be. I know no amount of practice done incorrectly will get me anywhere, so I bought a dvd from Longarm University for their January 09 Mystery quilt program. It came yesterday and I watched about half and stopped so that I can practice her techniques. Since I've done just meandering I'm not use to making an actual design and that is important to know. She first divided the border into 6" blocks and quilts each of those blocks rather than trying to just go across the quilt as I would have attempted. That made it automatically worth the money. Most of the quilting she did was a feather variation. Now they scare the heck out of me. I tried it once and it was not pretty. :) I honestly think..no I know...I can do them now. The fear is subsiding and I am feeling much more confident about my abilities. If a can...so can you...

Tomorrow my husband and I are going away for 5 days. A much needed vacation for
some time alone. We're going to Laughlin, Nv. I'll try to drop in once during the stay to
brag about how much money I've won. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment