Saturday, January 9, 2010

I got 2 quilts done



I work for a public school district so I was able to take off some time over the
Christmas break. I had almost 2 weeks which was great. First off I put a queen/king
top on the frame and used some of the backing fabric my husband had gotten me for
Christmas. This one is called Emerald Forest and done mostly in batiks. I was a little
worried about quilting it as everyone talks about the trouble you can have with batiks
but I had no problems at all. Luckily. :)

The 2nd quilt was done back in 2007 as a Mystery quilt. Once again just waiting on
wide backing and courage to get it quilted. This one was slightly smaller, more like
queen than king. The quilting went much faster. The Emerald forest seemed to take
forever to make a pass across the top. Of course both still need binding. That makes
3 waiting for that process. Hmmm, now am I just shifting them from one pile to another?
I don't see a rush to finish them as they have no new home to go to. I offered either of
them to my son for his new house but he keeps insisting that he's not a quilt person.
Ah well.

Today I'm going to get the laundry done quickly, clean the kitchen a little and then
put a smaller quilt on the frame. Nothing fancy, just 4" squares from years ago. I'm
wanting to practice different designs in the squares. I really need to kick up my skills.
I get so jealous when I see pictures of quilting ladies on my Bailey forum have done.
I keep thinking can they be that much better than me?? I know it's all about practice
so that is where I'll be today and probably tomorrow.

Ohhh! my husband just told me that the funds have been removed for the Bailey 15" we
ordered. That usually means it is being shipped! Chuck doesn't put the charge thru until
its ready to ship. I am so excited!! I just have to get the 13" sold now.

Talk with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment