Friday, February 26, 2010

And what did I learn?

With the 1st baby quilt done the 2nd one was on the frame just waiting for me.
I changed thread and filled 2 bobbins. Off I went. Well actually I practiced a little just before
I changed the thread and all was good. 
I zipped across the quilt doing the first pass. When I rolled it I noticed some eye lashes on the
back but just ventured on. One more pass and when rolled once again I noticed a few eyelashes.
THEN I decided I was being a big dummy and I needed to stop and seriously check it out. 
And what did I learn? I will look before taking off again. It took me more than 5 hours to rip
out all of that quilting. I will not do that again. 
I'm guessing my new Bailey isn't as happy with ThreadArt thread as the 13" one was. 
Tomorrow I'll try it again, loosening the top tension and tightening the bobbin until it looks
the way it should. I also felt like the color was a little to dark anyway. 

I've read lots of forum members say they have ripped out lots before too and was thinking
all smug about it. Humility is a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment