Monday, February 22, 2010

Back again

I'm seriously trying to figure out how to machine quilt on the frame without
a stitch regulator. You know quilting a fan wreath or the like, something other
than free motion. I have watched a few videos and everyone has a stitch regulator. What the heck! Any of you know how to do this?? Do I just slow WAY
down?? It's really hard to see if you're going backwards so maybe that marking
thing isn't such a bad thing after all. I have thought that everyone just does it
free hand. I am wrong! 

I finished one of the baby quilts and the other is now ready for me to attack it.
I'd love to follow all the designs but feel like it will be a terrible failure and I'll 
be doing a lot of froggy sewing. Maybe my "I can't do it mood" today isn't the
best time to give it a try. I did email a lady in my forum who doesn't use a regulator and does amazing work. Hopefully she can help me. 
If she does I'll pass along any tips. 

I do have Friday off this week which gives me extra time to bind both of
the quilts. They shouldn't take too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment