Thursday, February 18, 2010

Quilting room improvements

I got motivated and gently pushed my husband to help me get some improvements in my quilting room. 
I have a small sewing room, it's 10 x10. The quilting room holds the frame and is 10 x 14. My husband
actually mentioned that I am taking over the house. lol. With his help we put the 90" batting on a roller above the frame and then above that the 54" batting on another roll. Now I can just roll it off and not
have to wrestle with it while I figure out how much I need. I will be using it this weekend and I can't wait!

We also added 3 shelving units which hold 5 sewing machines. I really wanted them up off the floor as they were in the way. There is the Singer 221, Singer 99k, my serger, Euro-pro and a White machine.
My husband guarantees me that the shelves can hold the weight so I'll believe him. I also have a table 
with a cutting mat on it and a small pegboard to hold some equipment. I have one more to put up. 

The lady who bought my Bailey Home Quilter 13" will be coming in a couple weeks to pick up the machine. I know she will be very happy with it. She is from Canada and visiting her sister here in
Arizona. How cool is that? It will be cool to show her the ropes before she gets it home. I think everyone should get a lesson or two just to get a hang of things. It is not the easiest thing to master quickly.

I have two baby quilts to make by the end of March. I have the tops ready and that is what I'll be working on this weekend if my family allows me the time. :) Pictures will come when done. Nothing fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment