Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April already?

To realize that April is close to be half over already is just crazy.
I wish I could say I live life to the fullest and that's why it takes me
so long to get back here and post but my most people's standards I'd probably
be considered pretty boring. :) 
I did finish 3 small quilts that I was working on. All baby quilt size. One has already
been given away, the 2nd will get picked up today. The 3rd had an owner but it will
probably be going to a local PICU unit at a Tucson hospital. I went there to visit a friend's
little girl and found they have no quilts. The nurse said they get them only occasionally and
that seems so sad to me. I know Project Linus is a huge group that supplies quilts and I've 
always figured they had more quilts than they knew what to do with. Now that I've seen 1st
hand I feel bad that I haven't stepped up sooner. If you've considered doing it you might want
to check with one of your hospitals to see if they have enough or not. I have 2 ready to go to them
and have 2 more to be assembled and quilted. I'll do them side by side to speed up the process.

Spring is arriving slowly in the desert. It looks like it could rain today. This has been a wet winter
for sure. The farmers wheat and other grains are growing in anticipation of harvest and then
planting the cotton. I can't tell you just how beautiful it is to see a 1,000 acre field of wheat early
in the morning. The tips are lightly covered in dew and with the sun shining on it the entire field 
sparkles. I never knew just how beautiful plants can be. I also never realized just how many shades of 
green there is. Nature can be inspiring. 

I bought myself an electric bobbin winder and it arrived yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out how
to make it fill more evenly but it winds super fast and I love it. It was about $60.00 and that is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment