Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The quilting continues

As April draws to a close the heat will intensify here in the desert.
It makes it difficult to do hand stitching on bindings, etc as it just becomes
unbearable to have it on your lap. For now, I will enjoy what I can do.

I finished one child's quilt on Sunday with the exception of the binding. I did
a flannel backing this time for the first time on something larger than a premie
quilt. It was trouble free, yeah! I also tried out two different bobbins that I'd filled with
my new bobbin winder. I did one plastic and one metal to see if there was any difference.
I think the metal did better so I'll stick with them. I'll have to load up a dozen in white and
go to it. The quilt took just one bobbin and I did loops, flowers, hearts and meandering.
I don't know why I can't make that next step and do something special. grrr it makes me so
mad that I stop myself.

I have the second kid quilt backing on the frame and will get the top and batting on tonight.
woohoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment