Thursday, July 8, 2010

Really noticed

I've spent some time today looking for quilting blogs just to compare and to learn.
I'm always anxious to learn more about quilting. Whether it be cutting, patterns, piecing,
threads, binding, etc. the whole process is fancinating. Someone will always come up with an
easier or better way to do something. What I found surprised me. There are a large number of blogs
that were started and then no one ever came back to them. Also a lot that haven't been updated in
several years. Here I was feeling bad about how infrequently I post. lol  I am trying to be more consistent and add more about my actual quilting.

I for one don't like doing applique because of all the tracing and cutting. I feel like it's such a
waste of my time to duplicate the same thing over and over. I have now seen where you can use
a glue stick and put a dot on the original cut out and attach it to your ruler. Now you only cut from
that. Of course if it a complicated pattern it isn't going to work but for those straight edge things it
sure does reduce the time.

Tomorrow is my wonderful extra day off and sadly I have 3 doctor appointments to go to. Two are for my son and the last is for me, another dentist visit. I should still find time to quilt or piece.
I would really like to try to start making at least one block per week. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment