Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wow, I'm addicted for sure

Today I bought yet ANOTHER old Singer. It was almost free so I couldn't pass on it.
Both of the last two are 99's. That makes 4 or 5 of them now. Think I best pass on the next unless 
I just can't. Each one has been a little different so it's more fun. This one is fitted for the knee control
although I currently don't know what that does. I'm thinking push in the bar and the machine runs.
That would be really cool. Don't dare plug this one in, the cords scare me. It was made in Elizabeth, NJ
1927 model 99
99k 1934 Hand crank
in 1927.  I'll post the picture of it first and the one I got last week second. Now I know I shouldn't have paid so much for that last one, won't do that again. Seems like everyone has one in a garage or shed or closet someone left them. 

I will be quilting tomorrow. Need to get that done asap. 
I think I need to stop checking Craigslist, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Nice find Debbe, never feel bad when you can give a old sewing machine a good home :)

    ReplyDelete