Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Got some plexi-glass

I see that a lot of long arm quilters use a piece of plexi-glass to try out their quilting pattern.
Got my husband to pick me up a piece at Home Depot. The cost was $13.44 for a piece 20x32
I really wanted more like 20x24 but this one was already cut and waiting for him so I said okay.
It is a tad big, not the width but from top to bottom makes it hang off the frame a few inches but that
is okay. I did practice with it long enough to use up my white board marker that looks like a pen. Since
it is an arm movement and not hand/wrist it seems like I should be able to use the thicker pens as well.

Since the quilt top I have ready to go has so many different sizes and positions of rectangles I'm thinking
doing all the different designs I saw on the LAU dvd will be way too much. I will be playing with the feathers
even if I only do 6 or 8 of them total. For me, I don't like looking at a quilt where the quilting itself is so
in your face that you really don't notice the quilt itself. You know what I mean? The last quilt show I went to
it was really obvious to me that the quilting designs were more important than the quilt piecing itself. I think the quilting should compliment not overwhelm all the fabulous piecing you've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment