Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another warm evening in Arizona


It is another wonderful evening here in the desert. It probably looks dead to you but it's not. Notice how you can see the sky
all the way to the horizon. The most incredibly beautiful place
to live.

I have a backing on the frame for a smaller quilt top. Once I get
it all on I'll take a picture for you. I have a Hinterberg Stretch frame and a Bailey Home Quilter 13". I started with my Juki 98Q on the frame but in just a couple months was frustrated by skipping stitches. It seems to be a common problem with them. I use it for piecing now but occasionally use my Singer Featherweight. I really love the thread cutter and knee lift on the Juki so I prefer using that.

I should have the pink/turquoise top finished up in no time but I need to practice the loop de loop, flower pattern I am hoping to accomplish. I think I'll go put the batting and top on now so it will be ready to go first thing in the morning.

I forgot to mention that I have two forums. One for general quilting: www.quiltangels.proboards.com and the other strictly for the Bailey Home Quilter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Baileyquiltingmachines/

No comments:

Post a Comment