Monday, June 22, 2009

A small start


I did start quilting on the little top on the frame. I was going to experiment and
after ripping out my error I had a light bulb moment. I am just going to finish this
up with meandering and then put a muslin sandwich on and practice all that stuff that
I know I can do if I just give it a whirl and practice. I hate to try stuff on a "keeper"
quilt top you know? If I just go with the muslin and some batting I can try lots of different
designs and keep at it until I feel comfortable.
Here's a picture of the one I'm working on. Nothing fancy. I just had to sew one day
and put these blocks together. It is bright and cheery. I should get it finished by Thursday
for sure.

Our heat has finally kicked in. I'm not sure what the temperature was today but over 100.
Unfortunately for my son the electricity was off for over 2 hours after a bird flew into a
transformer. I finally talked him into getting into the swimming pool so he could cool off.
For some reason he forgot about the pool. He sure felt better when he got out.

No comments:

Post a Comment