Saturday, June 27, 2009

Practice

I've been practicing and making flowers is much harder (for me) than it looks.
It seems like my carriage doesn't ride so smoothly sometimes and that jars the pattern, you know? I just finished cleaning the carriage wheels and grooves as well as rotate the two rollers
that it rides on. This is really the first time I've noticed it not being smooth.
I'm also considering adding one knob in the middle to move rather than the 2 ends of the handle.
Feel like I just can't get a strong enough grip to move it where it needs to go.
I certainly am not giving up on this. I know it can be done and I AM going to do it.

Back to the practice.

I do believe I have found my problem. A dust bunny riding the carriage track. I have
removed it and things are rolling smoothly at this moment. woohoo. I hate to take the
machine off and remove the carriage to completely clean it but maybe I should. I have
a Bailey Home Quilter 13" on a Hinterberg Stretch Frame.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what kind of machine you have-but I've taken classes from Jamie Wallen and he waxes his carraige everyday with a special wax. He says his machine moves smoother. I have trouble doing leaves-just can't wrap my mind around how to do them. I keep practicing!

    ReplyDelete